Suits enhance a man’s physical personality and lend him a quiet dignity. Suits give you a formal look and they are not only meant for office work or business meets but also meant for special occasions such as social get-together and prestigious events, ball rooms, proms etc. Most women find men stylish when they are dressed in mens suit. In general, suits make you look like a real man and makes people respect and admire you.
Men’s suits come in different colors, fabrics and styles. Traditional mens suits are generally in solid colors with or without pin stripes or windowpane checks. When it comes to color, you have Navy blue, Black, Charcoal Gray, Brown, Tan, Taupe, Light Gray and White. The most popular suit colors are of course black or navy blue or charcoal gray.
• There is a popular misconception that black suits are to be worn only while attending funerals or condolence meetings. Please know this belief has since changed and the modern black suit is now widely worn for virtually any situation including an office interview or a dinner meet.
• Navy Blue suits are very similar to denim jeans though they may be darker in color. Navy Blue suits are truly versatile and you can wear them for any occasion. When buying a navy blue suit, you can even ignore the fit to some extent. A bit of looseness in the torso and some extra room at the hip should make you look casual and relaxed.
• The Khaki Suit is far better suited for daytime events and luncheon meetings than both navy blue and black suits. Khaki suits convey the impression that you are a practical minded person and more of a workaholic. Please remember there's a very wide range of khaki color - from a light beige hue to a darker brown shade.
• Charcoal gray suits are the preferred choice of many as it projects an image of authority, and professionalism. It is an excellent choice for men of all age groups and can be worn for both semi-official and official functions. Possibly the most versatile color, it looks good with almost any colored shirt or tie imaginable.
• There is a wide range of brown color suits from a light brown to a deep chocolate brown. Brown color suits are more worn on less formal and casual events. For long, brown was not considered an appropriate color for business meets. But since then, the trend has changed and today you see gentlemen wearing brown suits with confidence on almost all occasions. If you live in a cold weather city, a tan suit is ideal for spring and summer.
• Light Gray is considered by many as the ideal color for spring and summer months. The one special feature of light gray color suit is it will go well with any skin color. The light gray suit along with white, light blue and almost any pale colored shirt make an excellent combination.
• Many people fail to realize the grandeur of white suits. If you can disregard the public opinion and go dressed in a white color suit, you will certainly be appreciated for your boldness. If you really want to look unique and different from other guests in a social gathering, opt for a white color suit.
• Taupe is midway between gray and brown and it is a bit if a rare color. If you already have navy blue, charcoal gray suit in your wardrobe, you can add a taupe color suit. Taupe is a good choice for those looking for an extraordinary color suit without giving up a professional appearance.